Thursday 26 March 2015

Introduction

Hello, and thank you for wandering over to my little blog :) Before I dive in, let me first introduce myself and my little family.

My name is Rebecca, I'm 26 on Monday (eep!) and I'm a stay-at-home mum. I have a degree in Art & Drama, and have had a few jobs relevant to that in the past. I've worked as an area manager for a company that delivered interactive science lessons to primary school kids, I was also a presenter and did classes myself. I then moved on to being a domiciliary carer for the elderly. This was certainly an eye opening experience - you name it, I've seen it. But it also helped develop my patience and understanding of people. I'd like to think I've learnt from every job role I have, whether it's been a positive or a negative. Most recently, I made cloth nappies and baby clothes, as well as reusable sanitary products. I lost the love though, and felt like I needed to do more, and involve my toddler more. So, Indy-Plays was made!

I'm due to get married to Jon. He's all sorts of awesome and is the most supportive person I could have asked for. He works from home, upstairs in his office, so although he's in the house, I don't get to see him very often. He works long hours in a stressful job, so our evenings normally consist of attempting to relax, either by playing Call of Duty or watching Fringe... He's also a crazy talented musician in a covers band called Duck'n'Cover, I'll link their music when it's online :)

Together, we made an incredible little human being. It still astonishes me now that we actually made something. And that thing is an adorable perma-dirty super adventurous 18 month old boy called Indiana. I know. Awesome name. Indy is so funny and clever, I honestly couldn't be prouder. I love spending time with him, and watching him learn and grow and develop into the man he's going to be. I want to facilitate that, I want to join in with him. I want to encompass all the senses possible, to engage him, to do it with things around the house or things I can easily obtain, I want to think outside the box and watch him learn outside the box. Why? Because I love it when Indy-Plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment